Adopt a manta
You can support the ongoing research of MantaMatcher by adopting a manta ray. A manta adoption allows you to:
- support cutting-edge manta research through MantaMatcher
- receive email updates of resightings of your adopted manta
- display your photo and a quote from you on the manta's page in our library
Funds raised by manta adoptions are used to offset the costs of maintaining this global library and to support new and existing research projects for the species.
You can adopt a manta at the following levels:
- Children's adoption = USD $25/year
- Individual adoption = USD $50/year
- Group adoption = USD $200/year
- Corporate adoption = USD $1000/year
The cost of your adoption is tax deductible in the United States through Wild Me, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Creating an adoption
To adopt a manta, follow these steps.
- 1. Make the appropriate donation using the PayPal link below.
- 2. Send an email to email@example.com. Include the following in the email:
- your name and address
- your donation amount and the email/userid that made the PayPal donation
- the manta you wish to adopt
- the email to notify with future resightings of the manta
- a photo of yourself, your group, or a corporate logo
- a quote from you stating why manta research and conservation are important
Please allow 24-48 hours after receipt of your email for processing. We are currently working to automate and speed this process through PayPal.
Your adoption (photograph, name, and quote) will be displayed on the web site page for your manta, and one adoption will be randomly chosen to be displayed on the front page of mantamatcher.org.
Thank you for adopting a manta and supporting our global research efforts!
|Why are research and conservation for this species important?|
|"I am very proud to be part of the adoption program for the research of Manta Rays in Indonesia. I have been very fortunate to be present with these incredible animals and been educated by great researchers about their treats today and my being a part of this program I'm hoping I can make a change."|
Sample adoption for manta “INNLP0320A”.
Click here to see it on the manta page.